Academic Pro OJS3 Theme
Bring your Journal to a new level
Academic Pro OJS theme takes flexibility OJS to a new level. Our themes comes with a more modern look and also offers a variety of features that can make your journals used for better academic indexing purposes. We crafted our theme code to be more optimized with Google Scholar indexing and Microsoft Academic, additional feature, better usability and DOI Integration with one click activation.
The most important benefit is how this transforms your Open Journal Systems (OJS) theme design. Choose any unique option theme style with new layout that is truly unique in structure and composition.
Compatible with indexing
Academic Pro OJS 3 theme Made to compatible with many indexing requirement. We focused to create a value theme for journal. it is also optimized the journal indexing for Google Search. Rocket Indexing for your journal ⚡️
Journal Date Tracking
On the article page, we provide as public view the date process of Journal (Submitted, Accepted, Published) . Show how fast the process of your team editor for publishing. This Feature can be disabled on the theme configuration.
Logo Index Carousel with Animation
Easy to add any indexed logo with simple and elegant animation. Make your journal attractive and show how popular is your journal and networked by many indexing engine.
Statistic Mini Counter
We add statistic counter for any article on you journal / issue. This automatically recount by any activity of user either reading the article or download any attachments. Let the world know the popularity of your article 📊
Don't Make your OJS site like a boring manuscript
Make your journal stand out and show its credibility
Did you know that the OJS displayed is one of the factors that show the credibility and quality of online journals published by your institution ? This will also be one of the factor that increase the interest of other authors to contribute to your Journal site. Just don’t let your OJS site look old and boring. We believe that the Open Journal Systems (OJS) should allow the scientist convenient on the creation of new knowledge or disseminating it to the whole community professionally. Let you as scholars be more productive and focus on doing research rather than doing this administrative work with Academic OJS 3 theme. Our theme have been used by many of our client and help them to increase their rank for their journal reputation.
Beware, themes are not only a matter of appearance but also the compatibility with the indexing requirement
Be aware that using a theme that is not compatible with indexing can cause your journal to fail to be indexed and in some cases it can take 1 to 2 years for re-submission. Don’t waste your precious time due to the wrong choice of your journal theme
Our themes are specially designed by following with the mandatory requirements by several indexes and have been used by hundreds of users with the proven of value for their journal succeed. Read how we designed our theme by following the best practice from the indexing requirement including Scopus, DOAJ and others, here!
Effortless and optimized for indexing
Academic Pro OJS3 Theme is fully charge for academic indexing purpose . We crafted the code of our theme to be compatible with by what google scholar indexing and Microsoft Academic
As the result you just need to activate the plugin and sit tight as the indexing service would be love and fast ⚡️
Elegant Template Design
Academic Pro OJS 3 theme comes with a highly tailored version of the amazing OJS theme style. Create stunning your OJS designed terrific attention to details, flexibility and performance.
This embraced the latest solutions to make your OJS site look modern, clear, well designed and professional.
OJS Theme Features You'll Come to Rely On
Make your journal stand out and show its credibility
Open Journal System Template
Academic Pro - For OJS 3 Theme
Academic Pro is front end OJS3 website template built with of popular bootstrap 3 and font awesome integration. This theme extends the default look of Open Journal Systems (OJS) version 3. Fully responsive and packed with essential journal features. Installation is very easy, just upload this to your host and activate on your specific journal of OJS sites, just as easy as activating an OJS Theme plugin
This theme can be used both in the main page of your OJS site or the specific journal sites. It means that with one purchase you can use this theme on your journal OJS sites. This OJS 3 template can be used in the frontend of your OJS 3 page.
Packed with 4 different theme style (as seen on demo). For developer, you can easily change the image header to suit your institution color theme. Academic Pro OJS theme is fully supported for OJS website. Purchased theme includes the free PSD files used in this theme, theme and the complete documentation as theme guide.
We dedicated our team to your satisfaction, that why we give you support and update.
We give you support if you need our help to implement this theme, Contact us via WA or email and we will contact you ASAP. Buy this product now.
Note that the product and all services regarding of this product need minimum OJS version 126.96.36.199.
You can also enable/disable the affiliation of the author with the theme option (only for the OJS above 3.1.2-4 version):
Setup the color of the theme based on your journal brand by selecting unlimited color without coding required
Add Badge dimension citation counter by using DOI as parameter*
Crossmark / Crossreff integrations
Academic Pro OJS 3 Templates Demo :
Click the demo to view preview of this theme
Theme features that suit your need :
The modern look of the design, that not only thing that we concern as we crafted for this theme. We also built for what most OJS 3 Themes cannot offer. Our principles are the simplicity and functionality and we work hard to implement it.
Effortless Indexing for Google Scholar and Optimized for Microsoft Academia
This optimization only available on the pro version.
Academic theme is fully charge for academic indexing purpose . We crafted the code of our theme to be compatible with by what google scholar indexing and Microsoft Academic guidelines recommendation. As the result you just need to activate the plugin and sit tight as the indexing service would be love and fast ⚡️ to put your journal to their index searching.
Let you as scholars be more productive and focus on doing research rather than doing this administrative work.
Academic Free - For OJS 3 Theme
Tell me who does not like free item. Hope always be there, Yes we provide the free version of this theme. We call it academic free theme, you can download the free theme by subscribe to our email newsletters. Wonder what the differences between two ?
How to get Academic Free ?
Compare the features :
Academic Pro Bundle
- Priority Support (we appreciate your buy for this so we must pay you back)
- Author affiliate
- 5 Different style option
- PSD Files Included
- Priority Update
- Compatible with open access journal & subscription based journal
- Elegant Article Detail design
- Selected Typography style
- Effortless Google indexing and Microsoft academia Indexing Optimization
- The First theme for OJS 3 that is made and optimized for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) ⚡️
- Carousel Logo Feature with responsive and smart slide
- Beautiful Menu Sidebar Feature with animation effect
- Mini Statistic Feature on the article reading & downloading
- Article Date History Of Process (Submitted, Acceptance, Published)
- Unlimited Color Picker 🌈
- Option to show DOI on journal index page
- Better support for Right to Left (RTL) ✅
- Show the author affiliation features
- More feature to come
- It has price
- One Click – Dimension Badge Citation Counter Integration
- One Click – Crossreff Article Tracking Integration
- DOI View
- Dropdown Reference List
- Easy Theme Option Configuration
- Site Maintenance Mode – On/Off
- Improved Compatibility with Site Indexing (Dialnet, Base, etc)
- Multiple Locale supported (ask us if you need to add new language)
- Completed with manual with some tips and tricks
- Support Available
- 1 style option (Blue Sky Design)
- 1 Bootstrap style
- Simple Article Details Page design
- No PSD Files
- Only one color available (Blue)
- Update Available
- Features Limited
- Open Journal Theme attribution is mandatory in the use of Academic Free
- Academic-free can only be used for free of charge journals and non profit oriented journals.
- Compatible with open access journal
- It’s Free Bro
Need to check this theme on action. Please run this video review by one of our customer.
As you know this video even created by our satisfied customer to review our product.
Make sure you check this review before implement the theme for your journal.
Buy this theme now
We also provide service for custom customization.
Drop email if you need more customization and custom built
Payment Support (more to come) :
*Direct Transfer to BRI applied to Indonesian customer only
We also provide OJS 2 Theme
If you need OJS 2 Theme, we also provide it with beautiful and sleek design. The Enlighten OJS 2 Theme is provided with 2 different style. Can be used in the main page of Journal or the specific journal
Check Demo of OJS 2 theme - Enlighten here
If you need more Information or custom themes contact us on :
Library used by this theme :
Our Professional OJS Services :
- OJS 3 ready theme
- Custom development for OJS theme
- Add custom specific feature to OJS site.
- Create cover and others image asset to your journal with professional design
- Fix any issues regarding on OJS theme
Installation, Fix and Setup
- Setup any new OJS with security hardened and performance tuning
- Fix any issues of OJS
- Setup any configuration for OJS features
- Upgrade 2 to OJS 3 or to the latest without need to repost any content
OJS Managed Host
- Free OJS Security update
- Hardened Security
- External automatic cloud daily backup
- Priority support anytime.
- Free theme update Forever
What our client said about our products and services ?
Our OJS Product and OJS services has been used for online journal world wide from Colombia, Poland, India,Australia, Ghana, Pakistan, Indonesia and others country.
We can say without hesitation our OJS products are very compatible with OJS and we give best services for our clients.
Our Valuable Customer :
Academic Pro OJS 3 Theme Price Option
- Full features of Academic Pro OJS 3 Theme Packages
- Academic Pro – 5 different style theme packages
- Including the Image Asset + PSD Files as seen on the demo page
- 1 Journal license
- Convenient installation of the theme
- Self implement the theme for your OJS (don’t worry the documentation is very clear and provided with detailed instruction)
- Including with Detailed Documentation
- Including the Editorial Team Block feature
- Including the beautiful sidemenu provided by theme
- Lifetime active license
- Free update and Support for 1 years
- Priority Support
(Just contact us we will guide you if you have any problem on installation)
The theme itself need OJS 3 version. However we recommend to use the minimum version 3.1.1-4
- Including the previous packages
- We setup and implement all the features that provided by the theme for one of your journal
- Implement Journal header
- Install your custom header image (CSS)
- Setup the announcement based on the image template.
- Site link image customization based on image template
- Add the Footer content based on the theme template.
- Add the Editorial Image block based on the image provided by the client
- Include OJS standard installation
- *required access to your OJS cpanel and admin area
Select this option if you dont have time to setup the theme.
- Including the previous packages
- Include OJS Optimized and Secured Setup
- Free OJS managed hosting starter package for 1 journal – 1 year
- Add required template content for your OJS site (max 10 contents to add)
- Optimize your OJS by setting up recommended plugin
- Add the fav icon to your journal based on your journal logo
- Design your journal cover or improve it
- Add custom header image
- Custom Site link implementation
- Activate email notification on OJS
- Setup external stat counter
- Add Visitor Counter feature
- Add Twitter side menu feature
- Setup OJS statistic & Histogram for article download and read
- Add Spam protection
You want everything done and need to implement optimization on your existing OJS.
*This services required minimum OJS version 3.1.2 and required authentication for your host panel (OJS 3.3.x is also compatible)
* We only setup for one language and one journal.
* We us only legal image only on the process you will get the license on each image that we have created.
How to buy :
We support Paypal payment.
If you are from Indonesia you can also click this link to make bank transfer to buy this theme.
Need help? please email or send message to our whatsapps link.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is single journal license ?
Single journal license means that you can use our product on your journals (maximum 1 journal) that published by your institution. However you can use the theme index homepage (page that show list of journal) for all of your journals. Mass buy ? talk to us we would give you special discount.
How about the license renewal price?
For the theme license renewal fee, a 25% discount will be given to the theme price on the next renewal. If you do not renew for more than 1 year and then want to renew the license, the discount for renewal is 25% of the theme price.
Does this theme purchase include installation ?
Yes or no. If you buy the basic package (listed on our pricing page) we don’t provide installation but we provide detailed documentation and support. Yes if you choose that package from our price page that include installation service. But no worries this theme setup is very easy with detail steps are provided in the manual.
What if there are essential features* that is not available in the theme?
Yes we would give full support and update the theme to support any of the essential feature that is not available in the theme feature.
*The essential features such as language
What are included in the theme ?
- Theme files
- Image file with PSD
Can I use this theme forever ?
Yes off course you can. Our 1 year support and update term mean that we would give you 1 year support and any update from our developer team. But you can use the theme forever. If you want to continue the support, it is required to purchase the support for 1 years with 50% cost from initial theme prices. Your support on our team would help us to improve any product that we had released. It also to maintain the compatibility of any new releases of OJS from PKP.
What is support mean and How can I get support ?
We would give support which is related to the installation and the implementation of the features of the theme. The support does not include custom customization of the theme. We provide support priority by using email or Whatapps. We may need your server or OJS credential if we need to handle your problem directly.
I want more specific need. Can you provide us ?
Yes just contact our team by using email or Whatapps.
Suggestion of any feature of the theme ?
Off course, we work for our customer and we would strive to give best product based on their need. Just send us any message we would consider it to include the new feature if it really needed to the new release.
Refund and Guarantee ?
We don’t provide refund but Yes we provide guarantee if the features that include in the theme is not work. Guarantee is in kind of the immediate fix that reported by any of our client. But note that we don’t provide refund. Guarantee does not cover if you make custom modification on any theme script. Make sure you read all the terms.
Theme Change Log - Update History
3.12 : 20 Juli 2022
- Merge feature from UII (add new feature to show the author affiliation on the article index list)
3.11 : 9 Februari 2021
- Add compability version (OJS 3.3.X)
3.10 : 28 September 2020
- Fix the primary contact not showing on the article details (OJS 3.2.X)
3.9 : 19 Agt 2020
- Fix validation
- Fix galley button style
3.8 : 1 Agt 2020
- Add margin to the citation download
3.7 : 10 July 2020
- Add feature on article detail page that optimize reference list for official
- Add feature to allow donwload the Endnote/Zotero/Mendeley (RIS) & BibTeX citation on article detail page.
3.6 : 19 June 2020
- Fix bug on index site registration
3.5 29 May 2020
- Fix ambigious setting on the theme backend
3.4 27 April 2020
- Fix search result bug on OJS 3.2.X
- minor fix
3.2 17 April 2020
- Make galley link enabled by default
- Fix style for border bottom
2.25 16 April 2020
- Fix Indexing Logo thank to Rafał for reporting the issue
3.1 16 April 2020
- Fix some theme options issue
3.0 04 April 2020 (this theme would be named as academic_pro3)
- Add new version that compatible with OJS 3.2.0 line. This change later would intended to made the theme compability with new ojs version
- Change Issue Toc -> publishedArticles to publishedSubmission for OJS 3.2.0 compability
- Modify Core theme file to make compatible with OJS
- Remove boostrap theme except the paper (because majority of our user select this style, and we want to make the theme options simpler)
- Fix announcement page breadcrumb
- Fix depreceated warning
2.24 : 03 Maret 2020
- Minify Core CSS on non maintenance mode
- Add reviewer interest on user registration as requested by Dr. Nadeem (http://www.pjsor.com/)
- Fix sitewide registration privacy consent input not available
2.23 : 27 Februari 2020
- Add Spanish Language
- Fix 188.8.131.52 Compability
2.22 : 22 Februari 2020
- Fix Article Image cover for responsive display
- Fix social media list image on the footer
- Fix static page for academic extended version that does not show parallax slider
- Add maintenance mode option with no cache meta (for site development only)
- Fix the reference for linked type of references.
- Fix the index main page by truncate the words not by the html tags.
- Fix others minor issues
- Fix bug on main page searching (would show login page if visitor doing search on index page)
- Make consistent on sidebar block border and style
- Improve RTL language support Big thank to Mohamed BENMOUSSA -محمد بن موسى (https://mer-j.com/) for the contribution on the language
- Better Translation for the theme language
- Add arabic locale (ar_IQ) by the contribution of Mohamed BENMOUSSA
- Fix some responsive view
- Add New Child Theme for Third Package : JATSParser Compability (JATS Version : JATSParser_2.0.1-1) – Sponsored by Dr. Biju Hameed (jicna.org)
- Fixed some warning/notice error from the theme
- Fix the header translation bug on the index page static, Thank to Paweł from Pressto Publication.
- Add Polish Translation.
- Minor bug fix
- Fix some css style
- Fix bug on crossmark
- Fix margin style for additional content
- Add Portugese (Brazil) Translation
- Fix bug on multi language on journal name on index site page.
- Fix crossmark button bug
- Fix index page responsiveness
- Fix doi margin on journal index
- Add crossmark button new features
2.12 24 Sept 2019
- Add Show the DOI on journal index (can be disabled)
- Change the style of the galley link to more concise based on theme color
- Improve meta tag for indexing purposes (work on minimum version from ojs 3.1.2)
2.11 31 Agt 2019
- Fix language compability translation for Vietnamese
- Add hyperlink from journal small icon to the home page
- Fix form width on registration form
2.9.1 30 Juli 2019
- Fix indexSite layout, when user add html code to the journal description.
- Fix Indexsite cover size.
2.9 28 Juli 2019
- Redesign the Index journal page
- Add new feature Dimension badge label (refer to the documentation if for detail info to activate it)
2.9 02 Juli 2019
- Add tutorial to more detail mode to add to footer section
- Fix some text issue on mobile responsive view
- Remove share Addthis on end of view (mobile view)
2.8 25 Juni 2019
- New Feature to change logo option (Big or Small mode)
- Fix some responsive issue
2.7 22 Juni 2019
- Fix style for navigation and search button
- Remove bloated unused boostrap theme, Now it only has 12 style option
- Fix padding of about journal and logo
- Add search logo on search button
2.6 9 Juni 2019
- Add new feature color picker for theme
- Replace Education theme wallpaper
- Fix some style to suit the new feature
2.5 1 Juni 2019
- Fix author style item on the article detail
- Remove border of image cover on article detail page
- Remove border of author list
- Remove translation for Reference header
- Fix reference ol item
- Add consistent style to block custom title (add ) as title to custom block to add some color
2.4 25 Mei 2019
- Add new feature : Google indexing references based on official guidelines : https://scholar.google.com/intl/en/scholar/inclusion.html#indexing
- Add new feature : Effortless Microsoft Academia indexing (others indexing could be supported too)
- Resize Journal Cover
- Relocate Hamburger menu
- Fix Long journal name issue.
- Fix Responsive View for Tablet device or Mobile Upright
2.3 13 Mei 2019
- Add new feature. Disable Galley Link on the Journal Index page (Important to SEO Optimization)
- Fix Cosmo less file on header link color
- Fix article summary style if no article page is present.
2.2 : 3 Mei 2019
- Add zoom effect to the submission image and site link
- Justify text on journal description and some of the paragraph text
- Fix homepage logo padding.
- Add keyword meta tag on the article detail page (Optimized SEO)
- Fix announcement image mobile responsiveness
- Fix bug on ojs < 3.1.2 for Archive page (Article not shown) (Thank to Kawahyu – UIN Mataram)
2.1.1 27 April 2019
Support link for footer carousel indexing icon Restyle the keyword by adding the shadow effect Fix the editorial team block compatibility profile image size (85px as default size)
2.1 24 April 2019
- Fix image width
- Fix Logo site width on mobile view
- Add article keywords
- Add primary contact author email
- Fix carousel image height (thank to bolaji)
- Fix Readmore overlapping on the footer layout (thank to Ade cahya)
- Change the location of DOI link on the article details page
2.0 08 April 2019
Compatible with OJS version : 184.108.40.206 and 3.1.2… yeah
- Upgrade the boostrap.min.js to 3.3.7
- Restyle the author section on the article page header
- Make responsive of the author section on the article page header
- Restyle the author and citation panel on the article detail page
- Fix Bug : Article would show blank page if no galley is present
- Add the legacy page for 3.1.2
- Article detail doi
- Article detail pubs
- Article summary galley
- IndexJournal Announcements
- Registration Form
- Add mailing address translation
1.6 : 06 April 2019
- Style the new Article Page.
- Change the header of non index page.
- Fix the subscription atom icon width on the sidebar
- Remove the html character on meta tag
- Fix the editorial team style
- Add readmore feature on the article references : article page layout
- Fix the journal index for journal that does need journal cover
- Add text shadow on the article detail section name
- Add meta tag googlebot on the header
- Add shadow effect on the header
- Add sidebar icon example on the documentation
- Fix the author margin and padding on article detail
- Add border to the panel of authors list on article detail page
- Restyle the author list on the Article detail
- Add new sidebar feature : Make submission
- Add new sidebar feature : Menu with new hover animation effect-
- Style the sidebar menu hover effect by theme selection-
- Add article history – Submitted, Accepted and Published (automatically hide the date if does not have any record on database)-
- Style the Static Page by removing the sidebar, to make user focus on the content-
- Remove the footer logo, so the administrator of OJS can use custom logo for the footer-
- Make OJS SEO Friendly so your site can be crawled by search engine easily and increase the ranking for your site on search engine search (google, bing, others)-
- Fix Issues Archive (Previously description not showed)-
- Fix image responsiveness-
- Fix Logo Responsive Image
- Add orchid icon on the article detail
- fix References header size on the article detail page
- Add biography style and preview on the article detail page
- fix bottom of the margin in article details
- Add DOI & Icon Meta On the article details
- Style the Statistic of article in article detail
- reorder the “How to cite” in article detail page
- remove border on journal thumbnail cover
- Add Make Submission image on the demo site
- Add option to show or hide the article statistic
- Resize the font size of the article detail title.
- Add the indexed-by icon list with smart slider support (slide automatically run if indexed-by icon more than 6)
- Fixed the readibility on the journal detail page
- Added new default skeleton page for the article (taken form default layout)
- Remove sidebar in the article detail and make the column on maximum (col-md-12)
- Change the size of the article column to full size (as sidebar removed)
- Change style of header panel in article detail
- Add icon in the article meta summary
- Add Journal Description on Journal Index Page
- Add new logo slide manual to documentation
2.0 : 11 Nov 2020 – Add Previous, Current and Upcoming Future Issue – Add slider to the image
1.4 : 16 July 2020 – minor fix by Nugroho
1.3 : 26 February 2020 – Hide article TOC from JATS after user scroll to bottom – Fix parallax slider
1.2 : 22 February 2020 – Fix JATS Parser image style – Fix parallax effect on static page
1.0 : 18 December 2019 – First Release
Ver 3 31 March 2020
– Compatible with OJS 3.2xx
– Fix Responsiveness
– Make minor style modification
– Fix Index Site journal name
ver 3.0 25 Mei 2019
– Fix Google Scholar Indexing Bug Thank to Mohammad Rizki Fadhil Pratama
- Fix Google Scholar Indexing Bug Thank to Mohammad Rizki Fadhil Pratama
Ver 2.0 10 Mei 2019
- Make compatible with OJS 3.1.2
- Fix Dropdown menu color and background
- Fix Archive Issue
Ver 1.2 — 2019/03/17
- Remove the sidebar on the article detail
- Styling the typography on the article detail
- Add new template file -> article.tpl
- Add style to the panel on the article detail
- Add changelog as file to the theme folder
- Add new theme version to support OJS 3.1.2
- Fix the registration form on the frontend thank for Mr. Bolaji Tenibiaje for OJS 3.1.2 version
- Remove the sidebar on the static page
Ver 1.1 — 2019/01/12
- Fix failed theme to be activated on admin dashboard appearance tab.
- Add notes for the style option.
- Add more words to language translation.
- Centralized the Download center on the Google Drive manager.
- Add the installation guide in the manual doc
- Add the changelog in the documentation
- The version of the theme shown in the OJS plugin theme selection
Ver 1.0 — 2018/12/20
Academic Free Theme Released