OJS Upgrade Service
OJS Upgrade process must be done regularly to your OJS. This is to ensure that your OJS has been optimized, safe from hacker attacks, and obtaining additional features from the official OJS release from PKP. We provide ojs upgrades and implement upgrades by taking careful steps and handled by an experienced team to ensure that the results of the upgrade do not cause problems in the future. The upgrade process is done without disturbing the active OJS used. We do the upgrade process by applying the staging process and make a backup of your current OJS to make sure that nothing gets wrong on your current OJS installation. Note that we would need your OJS authentication and hosting authentication. The price is per 2 journals in one OJS installation only.
OJS 2x to OJS 3 Upgrade
When upgrading OJS 2 to OJS 3, the process must be done very carefully with a process that is quite complicated and requires a lot of time, because to upgrade the ojs2 to OJS3 process there are several problems that might be encountered during the process. Our team has detailed documentation on the process for upgrading with various types of errors, which means that your journal will be upgraded properly with the openjournaltheme team.
Why is the upgrade process calculated per 2 journals in one OJS system server?
✔️ We have to simulate the use of OJS such as submission process, article access, registration process, reviewing process, publishing process, and more on each journal to make sure there will not be an issue.
✔️ We checked intensively on the upgraded OJS function in every Journal contained in the OJS system, and you can review the process on the Google Docs that we provide.
✔️ We customize the look like your previous OJS, and we also make sure all plugins on the previous OJS work properly in the OJS we upgrade.
✔️ We do this upgrade process step by step in each journal in your OJS.
The detailed process that we do
➡️ Upgrade OJS 2.x to OJS 3.x
➡️ We did the simulation on Download and Access PDF or any Galley
➡️ We did the simulation on Archive Page (galley)
➡️ We did the simulation on Editorial Page
➡️ We did the simulation on access PDF view on the article
➡️ Create and publish Issue
➡️ We did the simulation on Submission
Why use openjournaltheme upgrade services?
✔️ Your Journal results upgrade has a successful and 100% functional rate based on the hundreds of clients we have worked with.
✔️ The checking and upgrade process is handled by a professional team openjournaltheme.
✔️ The upgrade process we do uses a different server and uses a special server from Openjournaltheme so that your journal is not interrupted and can still be online.
✔️ Our process is transparent by conveying some of the steps we have taken in the installation phase with Detailed Documentation available.
✔️ Openjournaltheme gives 14 days warranty after the upgrade process is completed.
*If you want to upgrade more than 2 journals in one OJS installation, you will get a special discount. Please contact us for detail here
We also provide upgrade OJS 2.x to OJS 3.x we also provide we also provide these services OJS 3.x to OJS 3.x
It’s our duty to provide you with a dedicated and professional team, also we want to help any publisher by providing Professional. What does our client say about us? See our testimony
Terms of service :
By purchasing this service, client agree with following terms:
- The completion process takes about 2 to 3 days (upgrade) or 2 to 3 days (migration). Time is an estimate.
- During the process, we will display your site “in the process of updating / maintenance” in the announcement of the journal.
- To make sure the consistency data in process of upgrade, we disable any operation on OJS system by clearing the OJS session (login access) and disabled any user to log in to the OJS system.
- Your OJS upgrade results use the source code from PKP (or third-party plugin) without any modification from us. If it turns out that a bug is found in the source code, then it is not caused by the upgrade, and we have no responsibility in fixing the bug from the PKP. But we will help to report this bug to the PKP team.
- The version of OJS to be used (upgrade) is the most recent version if we do not any request regarding the desired OJS version from our client
- The upgrade process will be carried out on our server, and we will delete data (database and OJS files) after the warranty period has ended. We do not have any rights to your data, including distributing or claiming the data.
- The guarantee after we convey that the results of the upgrade/migration have been completed is 2 weeks. – The pre-upgraded OJS version including the database will remain on your server. For OJS we will put it above the public_html directory with the name of the OJS version.
- Regarding the upgrade, the data that is included and not included can be seen in the following link.
- The price is for 2 journal package in the same OJS system*. This is considered as our team fixing any encoding on each journal, doing simulation to make sure the workflow of each journal running without any issue.
- Maximum OJS size (database and file size) for the 2 journal as mentioned previously is 20 GB*
- The service excluding the training of utilizing the OJS 3.
If there is any information you would like to share or need us to know before we start this upgrade, send us any notification through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) after you have finish make an order of this service.
- We are committed not to publishing authentication and any data information of our client to another party.
- Openjournaltheme is prohibited from disclosing confidential data assets in clients such as server configurations, security vulnerabilities, databases, and data related to OJS client information.
- We are only allowed to reveal the name of the client and include the institutions that have worked with us.
- After the warranty period is over, we will delete the data in our staging server, and we will hold any responsibility for the data backup.