It is nice to know that
The latest version of OJS right now is 3.1.2. It fine if you do not want to upgrade but we recommend to use the minimal version 22.214.171.124 since it is the secure one for OJS before the latest release..
Before we doing the upgrade process please backup your OJS sites and database to
Backup your OJS 3.1.1 by copy-paste it to
Upgrading OJS 3.1.1 to OJS 3.1.2
1. Download the New OJS 3.1.2 package from this link
2. Upload the downloaded file to your server name the folder OJS3.1.2
3. Copy this file/folder from the previous OJS version (3.1.1) to the new version (OJS 3.1.2)
4. Enter your OJS 3.1.2 folder find the config.inc.php file. Change installed config in the config.inc.php file
From On to Off
5. Access your OJS site with your browser and find the section that shown as
Wait until finished.
- Return the configuration on the config.inc.php file to On again.
If you are use our Professional Academic Pro Theme you may find that your site would be look messy after upgrade process.
Your OJS index site would be get messed. 😃
No I am kidding.
Fix the theme Appearance
We would fix it the theme since new upgrade not recognize the cache of your template.
- Login to your administrator
- Access Dashboard
- Download the theme (make sure it is the right version – Academic Pro theme version 2.+)
- Place the folder as you previously download to the /plugins/themes/academic_pro.zip
- Extract there
- Enable the theme on the dashboard – plugins – theme section
- Select the theme in the appearance page.
- Just Click the Save button on the appearance page after the theme is selected.
- Refresh you journal index page and see the result
Congrat : We had finished the upgrade process.